Cant open my add and remove in win 2000 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostrider4

I cant get my add and remove window to fully open, it gets the outline but freezes. you can keep on using the computer though. what could be causing it? my computer has slowed down a lot also, it is win 2000 pro sp4 I did the 8 steps and here are the logs.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-19 (20-01-41).txt
    867 bytes · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-19-2010 - 20-34-22.log
    460 bytes · Views: 1
  • hijackthis.log
    6.1 KB · Views: 1
I doubt malware is the problem. However, you can have these removed:

Please reopen HijackThis to 'do system scan only.' Check each of the following entries if present: Technically, these are all optional removals and are coded in green:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1>> See Option 2
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent>> See Option 3
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ccleaner] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO>> See Option 3
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe>> See Option 3
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm>> See Option 1
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

Read this before checking: I recommend you remove all of these entries.
Option 1: Adware/Spyware/Foistware>> Alexa: Alexa entry creates a menu item that points to a local web page that points to an MSN search page that uses the Alexa engine. Known for its toolbar and website. Once installed, the toolbar collects data on browsing behavior which is transmitted to the website where it is stored and analyzed and is the basis for the company's web traffic reporting

Option 2- Adware : Weather.exe
Adware or advertising-supported software is any software package which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is being used. Some types of adware are also spyware and can be classified as privacy-invasive software.
However, version 6.0 does bundle the MySearch toolbar which can auto-update itself and does communicate with the MySearch servers.>>

Option 3- Having these 3 program start on boot and run in the background is going to cost time and memory. I recommend taking them all off of Startup/

Close all Windows Except HijackThis and click on "Fix Checked."

Beyond this, it sounds like your problem is in the 'system' category rather than malware. Please seek help in the Windows OS forum for that. The amount of RAM you have can also be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back