Can't open New Window in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I just came into work and started to browse TS and realized that IE will not allow me to open a new Window now. This was not a problem on Friday.

If I right click on a link and click Open in a New Window nothing happens, and if I click a link that is suppost to open in a New Window nothing happens. Although, I can click on File, New, Window and that will work.

This is a bit annoying.

Here you go. You should no better not to post without using the search feature, out of all the results, this one looks the most promising.

If you did use the search feature and your problem was not found there, my apologies. Although there are bound to be a few threads there that will help you :grinthumb .

Well, turns out some @*& decided to piss me off and "revoke" my administrator rights.

I am about to walk out of this job and not come back and delete and remove all the work I've done in the last 9 months that I have been here along with all website work, research etc that I've given to this company.

@*&#'em.

Just be careful if you do quit that you don't do too much good. I know that some companies do have things in place in your contract agreement stating that any work done by you while you were there goes directly to the company, and if you delete it or take it away you are violating that contract and might get in some serious trouble for it. Just something to think about, i fyou are seriously thinking about doing it.

Yea, I did sign one of those, but mostly I plan to get rid of the things that I've done that aren't "online". My skills and expertise that I gave to this company have gone far to un appreciated.

Heh, that's why they invented NTFS4DOS and L0phtcrack! At the city I work for they don't give us any rights. I cracked their password and gave myself rights on all computers in our department. They weren't too happy when they found out about it. For the most part the people in I.S. know less about computers than I do and not many employees are happy after they've come to fix a computer. I've made it quite clear to I.S. that if they take my rights away I'll crack their password again, then I'll lock them out of our computers for good. Most departments in the city want me to come fix their computers rather than have I.S. screw them up worse.

Yea kind of like my situation about 6 months ago. I needed passwords for our email addresses so that I could set them up in Outlook Express. The owner wanted me to check all the company email address (billing, support, info, etc), and I kept asking for the password but no one would get off their butt and give it to me so I just waited for the other tech guy to walk off with his Windows account open and I hacked his Outlook Express account to reveal his password. I then went to my computer and setup the email address in OE and have been able to check the mail and respond to emails ever since.

This is the kind of thing I deal with at my job. No one knows what they are doing. The owner knows crap about computers and the other tech guy is a smart guy but only thinks he knows a lot. You can tell a good techie from a know it all techie within 5 minutes of meeting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back