Can't open new windows in IE 6.0??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darminato

When I'm using Internet Explorer (which isn't very often, I tend to use Firebird) and I click on a link that would normally open a new window, it doesn't open one up. I've tried right-clicking and choosing "open in new window" but that doesn't work either. I tried to reset the defaults back, but that didn't fix it.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I'm running Windows XP and IE 6.0.2800.

-D

Have you scanned for viruses/trojans some prevent programs/tasks/links from opening including explorer. make sure your AV definitions are up to date before you scan so it will be picked up.

Go to Start - Run (type each line below separately, then press OK)

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

I had the same problem and this fixed it.

I had this problem a while ago, and used the same commands and it did nothing for me. But it might work for you.

I've had lots and lots of weird and not wonderful errors like that with IE, it is very annoying I know :(. I'm not sure if you can do it on XP as I have win98 but can you re-install IE6 or something? Every time I re-installed IE6 here it corrected the problem. If not that maybe you could try scanning with some basic scanner tools such as a registry checker and spyware/adware checker. Registry Mechanic and Ad-Aware SE have also helped me with many problems in the past. Hope that helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back