Can't open numerous things on internet all of a sudden

macx

I don't know if a Firefox update or new version is doing it or what, but I can't open Weather Channel videos, and assorted other video clips on various websites, and just discovered I can no longer make the link boxes on Photobucket work. I haven't, myself, changed browsers or Add Ons. I have noted that since this started that I have to "allow" Flash to open many things that will still open.

Use Win 7 Home Premium, Firefox 42 (per Better Privacy which says it's not compatible with FF42), Yahoo, Zone Alarm firewall, and AdAware Free, and as far as I know the latest version of Flash.

I have the usual add-ons in Firefox, but haven't changed or added any since before this all started. I've tried disabling some of them one at a time, such as various blockers, with no improvement.

Getting to be VERY frustrating, thanks for any tips or suggestions.

Does this still happen after a restart?
Yes. Last nite I tried shutting off all my privacy & secuity Add Ons (Firefox) one at a time and that didn't make any difference.

Also I don't understand why all of a sudden I have "allow" Flash to operate before I can open the things that still do open. And I don't have that one (can't think of the name) where you always had to allow Scripts to operate on a case by case basis.

Just looked in Add Ons and saw something interesting about a Flash Blocker of some kind from Adobe. Going to check it out and I'll post what I find. Sounds like it may have something to do with this problem.

Does this still happen after a restart?

Okay, will be waiting for a response

After a number of very frustrating hours doing everything different folks told me, including restarts and disabling ALL AddOns with nothing working, someone on another forum
told me t do this:

Just do a refresh of firefox you won't loose bookmarks etc
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...s-and-settings
then run speedfox

Out of desperation, afraid of what kind of a mess I'd have to reinstall and reset things, I tried it.
IT WORKED !!! I had to reset my home page and turn the bookmarks toolbar back on, and it took a little while for my existing AddOns and Extensions to show back up.

For the first time ever I can now watch Weather Channel video clips, and the Photobucket links work again! I had thought of deleting NoScript because of all the hassles and use I think it's called Quick Java to toggle Java, JavaScript, and Flash on and off. But so far no more problems even with NoScript which was giving me fits before blocking things even after I allowed them.

Back