TechSpot

Can't open pictures burned on DVD+RW..Help!

By LaurieMichelle
Mar 14, 2007
  1. I had an Emachine's computer and I would transfer the pictures from my Kodak digital camera into the Kodak Software and then burn it to disc. I burned the last batch of them onto a DVD+RW using Roxio easy cd creator. My emachine computer crashed and so now I bought a new HP Pavillion computer and I put the DVD+RW in to reload them on this computer and it shows to be a blank disc and won't recognize there is stuff on the disc. I put it in a DVD player and the pictures show up. So it has me puzzled.. What could be the problem and how do I get to those pictures again? I don't have any other copies of these pictures and I have to be able to make another copy somehow. My new computer is running Windows XP media center edition and does not have Roxio on it. Thanks!!

Laurie

2. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 403

A common problem with CDR-W and DVD-RW drives is that since they are rewritable, they usually can only be read by the same drive they were burned on. Every experience that I have had with rewritable drives has ended with the same result, only able to be read by that same drive that burned them. I don't believe it is the drive as much as it is the media (the blank rewritable disks themselves).

3. LaurieMichelle

LaurieMichelle TS Rookie Topic Starter

So are you saying if I put the Sony burner (the one I used to burn the disc) back in my new computer and put the disc in that drive to read it, I should be able to see the pictures then? So as long as I don't use a rewritable CD or DVD I should be fine next time around?
    Thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.