Can't Play dvd backup disc on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blush: Hey there,

Hoping someone could edumacate me. Total hopeless newbie trying to keep up :).

Here's my problem.
I have a dvd backup disc of "Matrix Revolution".
I can play it on my dvd player - Sony - but can't play it on my computer.

Windows xp
Samsung CDRW/DVD SM - 352F

I tried it on the following media players which stop responding:

PowerDVD
Windows Media Player
Dell Media

When I try accessing the drive by exploring my computer and clicking on the drive it also causes it to stop responding. I've checked that I have the dvd decoder and that seems ok as I can play actual dvds on it just fine.

don't know what other info might be need but would be grateful if someone could enlighten me with this annoying problem.

thanx,
chez

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could just be a compatability issue between your DVD rom and The DVD recorder used to burn the disc.

What DVD burner was used to burn the disc?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I'm not sure. My husband borrowed it from a friend so we could watch it. It played fine on our dvd player but I was frustrated that it wouldn't play on our bedroom computer especially as it supposedly had a dvdrom.

I was able to explore the disc at one point and found folders with bup, vob files etc. Wasn't sure if it was my computer or what.

P.S. I'm not into downloading or making illegal copies of movies etc. However, am not sure whether borrowing backup dvd from another person to watch is illegal. Please let me know as I wouldn't want to break any rules.

The only truly legal way is to purchase and watch the original movie.

If you want to find out more do a google search for DVD copying and the law.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

samsung cdrw/dvd sm-352 F

:( I am using a samsung cdrw/dvd sm-352 F at work and I used to play original dvd and mp3's but someone else from a different shift used my computer the following day I couldn't play my mp3's nor could i play a dvd. i explored my dvd and didn't see any files. it didn't show an error box saying that there is no disc but it does not read anything at all. i tried putting in a software and it read so meaning it works as a cd rom. can anyone help me? i updated my power dvd i have direct 9x a decoder so what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back