cant play games on new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ijust installed my 1st rig, everythings ok but unfortunely the system totally crashes the monitor goes black and its power led starts to blink when im playin games, especially after i up the video settings
also notice the screen flicker more then usual when i use other programs
i have an asus a8n and a chintech6600g vid card,
coolermaster rs 450 aclx psu
any suggestions

CPU Overheating???

I was having the same issue when trying to play FarCry. As soon as the game loaded, BANG!, a dark blue screen and I had to reboot. Sometimes it let me play for a few minutes before it happened. At this point I think it's my CPU getting too hot since I'm using the stock HSF (HeatSink Fan). I will be buying a new, high performance HSF today. I'll post with my results.

I've had the same problem. My computer was absolutely perfect until I installed a downloaded copy of Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. After it messed up, I uninstalled it and then updated Direct x and my ATI display driver. The computer then seemed to be running fine and I reinstalled DoW and it played perfectly. BUT...every once in a while, when I boot up the computer, all I get is a black screen with the monitor's LED light blinking. This doesn't happen very often but it requires me to use the system restore feature in order to get the system working again. This also sometimes happens while playing games. Even with games that don't require a lot of power. ie. Warcraft 3. I have no idea what the problem is and I'm on the verge of reformatting the HD. If you guys could figure this one out, that'd be great.

I don't know the full specs of your system, but with Athlon 64 + 6600, you may want to check your PSU. On the systems I build (64 bit, min 6600 Graphics) I always make sure of at the very least a 450W PSU. Also don't be afraid to spend good money on a PSU. You really want something thats gonna be very stable.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back