TechSpot

Can't play online

By twite
Sep 4, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, i installed farcry on my new computer, and when i try to log on to ubi.com to play online, it just sits their unresponsive. I have tried to disable my firewall (zonalarm), and windows firewall. The odd thing is that this same problem occured on my old computer when i was using dsl..now im using cable, so i dont think it has anything to do with my internet connection, I am connected through a wireless router. I have tried making a new account at ubi.com..cant figure this out

Also, when installing it didn't ask me for a serial, which i thought was kinda odd.

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

You need to check what listening ports the game uses then make sure they are open on your router. Refer to your routers manual.

3. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

If i plugged it in directly to the modem will i still have this problem? I dont have the software or manual for the router anymore, so the modem is my only option.

4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Give it a try!! That's what i'd do.

5. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

Ok, i plugged it into the modem and still nothing..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.