TechSpot

cant reinstall my games!

By tizerist
Dec 1, 2006
  1. hi.
    i am trying to reinstall a couple of games i had before
    (toca touring cars 2 and destruction derby 2)
    but i've got previous instances of these games somewhere on my harddrive, and they're not coming up when i click the executables.

i've done a search > files and folders > all drives
    (where the dog looks in the book)
    and its come up with nothing.

what do i do?
    thanks in advance.

2. Cpt_Subtext

Cpt_Subtext TS Rookie Posts: 257

Ive had a similar problem in the past with this, uninstalling games only to have them leave something on, which is difficult to find, which prevents a reinstall.... basically you can change the directory to where you stall, maybe add a 1 or something in which you should be able to play them from.

You can try using a scan disk feature if you have something like Fix-it utilities 6 which is quite good at removing left over instances etc...

Failing that do something drastic if its a bother and reformat your hard drives.... Just back up all the stuff you want to keep.

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

You might have to full uninstall them ( Clean it off the drive permanetly, Like search it then delete the program file & then go to Control panel > add / remove programs then delete it )

Then when you reinstall put the CD into the DVD drive and open it as a folder then go to Add / remove programs and put the setup or install.exe ( which ever it is ) into the browse box then install it like that

Hope I helped :)

4. Cloud143

Cloud143 TS Rookie

Reinstall the files...

Just reinstall it again and everything will be fine...

5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Didnt he say that he couldnt reinstall them because they are on his computer ( somewhere ) still? Or no?

I got kinda confused :haha:

6. tizerist

tizerist TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 90

thanks, i'm away for couple days. i'll get back to ya.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.