Inactive Cant run malware bytes after dwnlding

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help! im trying to follow the 7 steps posted by julio and when i download malware bytes i get an error msg that says the set up files are corrupt and to get a new copy of the file. what do i do now? i have looked and cant find any other program to use.

Not to worry! This is usually 'fixable.'

If you downloaded Malwarebytes from here>> Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

Reboot the computer and try the scan again. If that doesn't work, do this:
Please download randmbam.exe

It will try to create random names and shortcuts for Malwarebytes Anti Malware(MBAM) if you have it installed already.

Once done, try running a scan again
===========================================
If you did not use our link, please uninstall the Malwarebytes you now have, and download the version in our link.

Since I don't have any idea why you suspect malware, that is the most basic info I can give you.
===========================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.
If I have not replied for 2 days, you can send me a PM reminder. Include the URL of your thread. Please do not send me a PM to tell me your logs are up.
If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back