Can't run Video Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was this file i downloaded that caused this problem but i can't run any movie file (Window's Media Player and Quicktime). Whenever i try to run it, it slows my computer down severely. My screen turns black and then turns back to normal. I can only watch videos are through streaming sites like Youtube. The only way i can get it working again is to reboot my computer. This problem
doesn't affect my internet or anything else, just my video player. What is the problem because i really want to watch videos through the movie player again. Please help!

What was the "this file". And please don't say that you don't know. WTF are you opening files you know nothing about!?

I'd guess you messed up your codecs. Download and install VLC media player - that should work no matter how FUBAR the Windows codecs are.

possible problem

Hi mate, I recently had this problem, but it occurred after installing a new graphics card so not entirely sure if it will be the same thing but it might help.

If you have an nVidia graphics card a lot of people have been having this problem and what you described in your post is EXACTLY what i was getting, so try this link for information and others in the same situation

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t18806.html

Basically - try downloading the latest drivers for your graphics card, or alternatively roll back to some really old drivers as thayt was the issue for me. nVidia have just released their latest drivers which fixed it for me, i hope this is of some help. Basically play around with the drivers and it should be ok

Well i tried upgrading my nVIDIA graphics card and that didn't work. Then i tried the VLC media player and all i could hear was the sound but couldn't hear the video and it still slowed my computer down.

hmmm i had to try about 5 different video card drivers before i got one that worked. What graphics card do you have? Some people found that rolling back to the 85.98 drivers from Guru 3D worked for them... it didnt work for me but nVidia literally just released some new drivers for my card so i tried them and it worked. All i can suggest you do is try installing older drivers, and keep checking nvidia for the latest version of your drivers - it helps if you post you computer spec or at least ur graphics card for future reference. Just keep trying the drivers, hopefully you'll find the ones that work with your system. It took me a while and was very frustrating but i DID get there EVENTUALLY!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back