Can't see my wireless network

Hi team,

I have just moved from a wired modem to a wireless adapter a TP link 300MPS N wireless adapter. This works great on one of my computers using XP, however when I plug it into my current Vista operating computer I can not see any wireless networks... I'm wired in at the moment

The adapter works fine and I can see the entire neighbourhoods wifi networks and connect to the internet on one computer, but nothing on the other.

How can I fix this?

Stuart

1st: uninstall & reinstall with the latest drivers from the manufacturer for Vista, be sure to get correct driver - 32bit or 64bit.
2nd: After doing 1st step, if still no dice, try reconfiguring the wireless encryption type, if you are currently using WPA2 change to WPA, or WEP, just humor me and change the type to see if you can then see the wireless network.
3rd: If the previous two things don't work, try resetting the Vista TCP winsock, steps below:

a. Click on Start button.
b. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
c. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
d. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
e. Restart the computer.

Post back & let me know if this helped! Take care!!

Hey Stuart, let me see if I understand this. You have 2 pc's, one with XP, one with Vista that I assume are laptops that previously connected straight to a modem, but now you have a wireless router, but only the XP unit can connect wirelessly, is that so

If so, have you :
* Previously connected wirelessly at home with this setup with the Vista pc or is this a first time issue
* Did you set up the wireless router and give your network a name and set up WPA2 encryption
* Is the XP pc connecting to your network
* Does your Vista pc see your network name, along with many other's in the neighborhood
* If your wireless router has a WPS switch setting, is it turned OFF and not On
* Finally, what Service Pack level is the Vista machine at

Back