Cant see slave drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start up my computer which is running win xp pro I can't see my secondary hard drive in my computer, only when I restart the computer does it seem to register. Any ideas please

Can you see it the device manager? Also right click my computer and go to manage. While in this console select disk managment under storage. You should be able to see it from here and format the drive if you have not already.

hello
when u don't see ur slave drive then u can remove jumper from ur slave harddisk otherwise u can use another data bus ur problem ios solve

when I boot my computer I cant see the secondary hard drive in either the device manager or in the storage console. The slave drive is in fat not ntfs would this make any difference. It just seems strange that when I restart the machine it then sees the drive.

for solution

helloo friend,

nothing u can use two data bus and each hard disk attach with separate data bus. and if u have same problem then u can change the power supply that u give to the slave drive.

ok

ur problem is solve
because some time proper supply is not get by slave drive ok

Did this just start happening, could you see the drive before?
Did you install any software inbetween or make any other changes to your system?
Doesnt matter if one drive is NTFS and the other is FAT32, although I would make them both the same, you are looking for problems in file transfer with one NTFS and the other FAT32.
Does your bios see both hard drives?
If they are ide check all your connections, make sure it is jumpered correctly and i imagine you are using 80 wire ide then make sure the drive is in the correct spot on the ide cable. You havent said if you just installed this drive or if it was working ok before or what, so its a bit hard to diagnose the problem.
What size are your hard drives?
You didnt give us a lot of info to work with, lol. Not a big deal, but we do need the info.
Have you recently installed any service packs to win xp?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back