Cant turn on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darien42

I'm having a serious problem. My computer seemed to have died on me last night and I'm not entirely sure of what the problem is. These are the specs for my system (incase it helps):

CPU: P4 2.4, HT enabled
Power Supply: 480watt Axio Technologies
Mother Board: Asus P4P800
Memory: 1024 MB, 133 Mhz
Hard Drive: Maxtor Diamond 9 120GB
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2
O/S: Windows XP Professional

I've had the computer for about 2-2 1/2 years and keep the computer on almost non-stop (the only times I shut it down is if I'm moving it, doing maintenance or software updates). As I said, I dont exactly know what the problem is. As far as I can gather, it could either be the power source, the mother board or the processor. I have a strong suspicion that its the power supply but just want to be sure before I got out and drop a hundred bucks on a new one. If anyone can give me feed back it would be greatly appreciated.

-Darien42

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could indeed be a faulty psu.

However, before spending your hard earned cash. It might be a good idea to borrow a psu from a friend first.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yeah I agree with Howard, borrow a PSU from a friend if you can and try using it.

You said your monitor does not turn on as the heading. Does this mean that everything else whirrs to life? Or does everything not start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back