Can't uninstall my old ATI driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching through the older threads to find an answer but I can't seem to find one so I'll ask.

I've got an ATI Radeon 32mb SDR. I've been coming across problems playing a few games so I figured I needed to update the driver.

Unfortunatly I can't uninstall the old drivers. I'm trying to use add/remove programs to uninstall it but I keep getting a message saying "can't remove old or non-ati drivers".

The driver I'm using is: ATI2DRAG.DRV
Version: 4.12.01.3056

I appreciate any help

While we're at it.

Should I update to the latest driver or should I stick to an older version since my Card is so old.

What are the problems you are having? What is your OS? What games are giving you problems? You may or may not be having a problem related to the drivers, more info would help greatly here.

My OS is Windows ME

GTA3 would be missing textures and the colors would be off (red cars are showing blue doors etc...)

I had updated to a newer driver a few months ago and GTA3 worked beautifully but then some of my older games would have trouble. Sacrifice would lock up during the game. During Master of Orion and Birth of the Federation the screen would start to flicker rapidly and the mouse pointer would leave trails wherever it went.

I have since re-formatted my drive and installed the original driver that's listed above. My older games are working fine but again GTA3 isn't.

I'm hoping theres a driver that can handle all the games I've got but it's looking more like I'm going to have to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back