can't uninstall still life

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate39

did anyone have a problem uninstalling still life? I have read that sometimes it comes with spyware that might be at fault, but neither its uninstall program nor windows will get rid of it. any ideas? thanks

thanks, I have adaware and I know I can just delete it but usually that doesn't get rid of all the files, say in the reg. for example. I will try the safe mode option and see what that does

well, I went into safe mode and it still wouldn't uninstall it. I noticed something interesting though. While it was going through the uninstall wizard, a couple of beeps sounded from the motherboard when a question popped up. This does not happen in normal mode.

nate39 said:
I can just delete it but usually that doesn't get rid of all the files, say in the reg. for example
Any good registry cleaner will pick up most of those.That still doesn`t explain the uninstall problem or the beeps.Have you looked in the event viewer ?

I was just thinking there might be an error that corresponded to the beeps.If your computer is working well in every other respect,and you don`t have problems uninstalling other programs,perhaps it`s just a one off "glitch".If Still life really had spyware,it would probably let you uninstall the program,but "leave" things behind.

ok i see your still conserned it seems i guess the best way for you to fix it is this http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html go there download and install xp service pack 2
if you system allready has sp2 dont worry and dont worry about loosing any data because you wont it will replace all your system files thus fixing your problems hope this is a help let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back