Can't update any antivirus program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpionas

Hello,
I've recently, two days back, formated winXP, installed some programs, and varied few antivirus programs (nod32, avira, avg), and with this, I'cant update any antivirus program. I just can't visit any antivirus web page. I went over the internet, founded some advices, but all were unhelpful.
Founded like this:
Boot to safe mode(keep tapping on F8 right before the windows logo appears on startup). Select safe mode with networking. Click yes. Go to the internet and download an antivirus sw(w ww . superan tispyware . com). Run the antivirus. Reboot system. Go to windows on normal mode.
But even on the bios I couldn't move to "safe mode with networking" with the narrow keys, I dont know why...?

Hijackthis logs show's;

BTW, once, os spreaded a plate with "system.exe error" record, but i think it is unrelated things. Waitting for Your help and advices. Thank you.

Moderator Edit:
Pasted logs removed, all logs must be attached
You should follow this guide before posting again: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Sorry about the tiff.
But even persual on rules does'nt figure out my problems.
1. Antivirus scanning is meaningless because they're all out of dates...
2. Removed all issues with acCleaner before posting- same pr.
3. Enabled, disabled, removed, installed all the "walls"... no matter,
4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware ->
Address Not Found. Firefox can't find the server at www malwarebytes org
So I can't download.
5. "# Launch SuperAntiSpyware and click on 'Check for updates'.
# Wait for the updates to be installed # " -> And this is it- the problem.
6. Updated Jawa now, nothing :)
7. Hijackthis -> "Logs attached on this post"

Thank you :)
Removed AVG, system has shuted down by itself, now, installed avira and scanning PC with it at the moment.. but I can't anyway visit antivirus sites, updates... even microsoft webpage is not aviable for me. It's some kind of virus, but i dont know how to remove it...

You still need to install some programs, run the scans and attach 2 more logs to post #2 ^^

As I mentioned scanning without updates, I think is meaningles. I can't download Malwarebytes, respectively - I can't add a log. Same with superantispyware.. Whereas searching on web for newest versions is irresponsible without antivirus... Its like a chain reaction.

By the way, sorry for bad language :)

Edit:
Founded Malwarebytes (2009.02), I'll add a log in a instant.

Wow that's good info :grinthumb

From that site here is the direct download: ftp://193.110.109.53/anti-virus/tools/beta/f-downadup.zip

I'm going to scan mine just for the hec of it :)

update1: it restarted my computer, and is continuing the scan, but I couldn't see it, but the harddrive is going mad; so I checked TaskManager and it's in there scanning away, so I'll just wait
Update2:
No log popped up, so I checked %windir%\temp as per the instructions originally given in download file "readme.txt" The log is pretty big, and I have to sort through it...
update3
Geez this tool is difficult. The log file is just way too big
I'm going to scan with all my normal Spyware removal tools, just in case it installed something strange
Basically it's in Beta version, and maybe it's not ideal yet
I don't think it's spyware though, but it does make changes, so that concerns me. There's not enough info to understand all that it does. Anyway my Internet and everything still works, so it may be ok

Now can you update Malwarebytes and run a full scan?

Also provide a new HJT log

Actually do this first:

Download Combofix
Lots of info on its use h e r e
Direct download h e r e

Locate the downloaded Combofix. Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)
ComboFix will also restart your computer (eventually) and then (eventually) create a log

Save this log file to be attached to a new reply

Restart

Then do another scan with HJT (scan and log file) and attach this to a new reply as well

Thanks for care :)

<--your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)-->
About this thing Ive found out from other scans, it was strange and new for me, now I know :]

Also, Ive found some strange things with my "Avira" antivirus. It is cleaning my system, f.e:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\x ,
C:\Doc's and Settings\****\Local settings\Temp\85304.sys ,
etc.. (~100 "malware")
And after some time my sound goes bad, I need to restart pc, and twice I had to reinstal my sound drivers... :/

Attaching all your requests: (btw, while scanning with Combofix, Ive disabled Avira, as asked):

Well I've found the problem at last. This is a very common problem I see often, and all users always follow my recommendations (but, completely up to you ;) )

You have uTorrent installed. uTorrent is a file sharing program, and whilst it is installed its basically bypassed any firewall you have (or any other restriction) seeming it was installed.

So who cares, you say? Well having this program installed (and consistently sharing your files) will just continue to download malware to your computer, so here's my recommendation again

Uninstall uTorrent ;)

Startup Malwarebytes and update it again
Then run another full scan and then (and this part is vitally important) Remove all found malwares (as your log says that you didn't do this)

Please do that
Pretty sure a happy user forthcoming :)

All the actions have been taken (deleted), just after the log creating :p
Oky, I will "Mwb" again :). And could I use other file sharing program (as Bittorrent), for downloading torrents? In my country, it is the main schedule, where I can get files..

Yes, only by using a free boot CD like uBuntu. That way you won't get infected again
Do not have it, or leave it, installed on a Windows computer.

And look, what is this?
untitledsa.JPG

Well it's generic (ie general) so it could have been a few things. I would suspect network, as that is what uTorrent attaches to (possibly a shared folder that is now not shared, that type of thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back