TechSpot

Can't View ANY Video

By rohasha28
Aug 1, 2005
  1. Hi everyone,

I thought maybe you can help me with one of my problems. I was trying to watch a video on my computer and CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. I can't watch a video on windows media player, realplayer, etc. I could watch it before, but it seems that now i cant. I can do everything else but watch a video right now, any suggestions as to what i can do?

Also, i have run directx tests and it tells me that my computer and video card is fine

2. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 TS Rookie Posts: 170

What Operating system?

Which version of WMP? When was the last time you could watch videos. If you have windows xp try doing a system restore to a time when it was working. Try that.

3. rohasha28

rohasha28 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm running version 10 of the windows media player. It was working, i think, before i installed the windows service pack 2

4. A_DOG73

sp2 shouldn't be the cause of this

Try doing a system restore

Start
    All Programs
    Accessories
    System Tools
    System Restore

Restore to a date when it was working

5. rohasha28

rohasha28 TS Rookie Topic Starter

if i were to do that then would i delete sp2?

6. A_DOG73

It might

I'm not sure if it will or not. But even if it does and you get your video working after the restore, you can download service pack 2 again from updates. Try it. You can undo a restore and restore back to now if something goes wrong.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.