Can't view message body in Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobl61

I've never had this issue before and have searched for a solution to no avail. Whenever I receive an e-mail, or try to view saved messages, there is nothing in the preview (message body) pane, I have tried several solutions including emptying temp files; checking and unchecking the "automatically download messages..." etc.
Any ideas :confused:

Then the pane must already be there

Move your mouse to the bar on the lowest area of the message area, until the mouse turns into 2 arrows (going up and down) and drag (hold left mouse button down) the bar back up

This should fix it

Download and run CCleaner (your browser and OE will need to be closed)
Once complete click on Start->Run-> regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

Then restart your computer (actually not sure if you need to restart)
Then re-open OE and send a message (including body text) to yourself
Now can you see the preview of your text?

Thanks for the tips, but it's not working. I feel it may be a problem with My service provider. When I move the cursor into the message pane, the hourglass appears. It looks like the messages are not being downloaded from the server. I setup another identity with a different provider and it works fine.

Wanna get a kick outta this? I uninstalled Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 because it was constantly crashing. After uninstalling it I opened Outlook and voila! All the messages are there :approve:

Hmm

Now that's interesting, I would have never said that
Well I may have said re-install IE (as it comes with OE) So I suppose that would have done it

So that above command didn't work then? (it's just that many tech sites reported that it would work)

Anyway good to know it's fixed :grinthumb
Not sure if everyone's IE8 Beta 2 would do this

Yeah...pretty strange. I actually tried regsvr32 inetcomm.dll before (found that tip when searching Google for a fix). I tried it again anyway, but it didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back