TechSpot

Can't view video in IE

By learninmypc
Jan 14, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Granted I rarely use IE on my W7 but I've been trying to watch this http://www.kirotv.com/s/news/live/
    & get a black box saying something like its not available & to check back. I know thats not the case cause I can easily view it in my other browsers. I tried shockwave player, I tried going into control panel to turn it off & back on but nothing. What haven't I tried?

2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Evangelist Posts: 787   +58

Have you gone into Manage Add-ons in settings and make sure Shockwave Flash Object is enabled?

With it disabled, I got a black box saying "The video you are trying to watch is currently unavailable. Please check back soon." Probably what you saw.

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,593   +335

image.jpg
    That is what I see. I hope it's visible.

4. Rabbit01

Ok, so looks like it's enabled already. What version is it?

What about other sites that uses Flash, like YouTube? Just wondering if it's Flash for IE that's not working or a site specific issue.

5. learninmypc

Absolutely probably one of the most bizarre things I've seen. I just got a pop up telling me Adblock for IE needed to be updated, as soon as I did that, the video started playing. Yes, bizarre :)

6. learninmypc

YouTube works. Whether it's because of Adblock or not, I don't know. Thank you, very odd. :)

7. Rabbit01

Interesting, didn't know there's an ABP for IE. Does it have an option like in FF where you can disable it for certain web sites?

8. learninmypc

I truthfully don't know, sorry.

9. Rabbit01

Do you have the status bar displayed in IE? If so, the ABP icon should be there. Click on it and you'll be able to disable/enable it and change settings.

10. learninmypc

Thank you but as I originally said, I very seldom use it. I'll check it out thou,

11. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

Learninmypc, if u will visit that site with firefox, it will work fine if utube will work.

12. learninmypc

I'm very aware of that because I always use Firefox . I was having others problems with my tower which is why I was trying IE.