Capcom publishes 'Resident Evil 7' minimum and recommended PC specs

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Capcom on Thursday published the minimum and recommended hardware specifications for Resident Evil 7 on Steam. The game isn’t scheduled to arrive until early next year but at least you now know what sort of hardware your PC needs to be packing when the time comes.

The minimum hardware specifications are as follows:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
  • DirectX: Version 11

Capcom notes that those shooting for 1080p at 30 frames per second with minimum specs may have to either lower texture resolutions or disable streaming textures.

The recommended hardware list consists of:

• Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X or better
  • DirectX: Version 11

Capcom says that because the game is still under development, PC requirements are subject to change prior to launch.

Resident Evil 7 is expected to take the franchise in an entirely different direction, from a zombie shooter to a first-person horror-style game. Capcom is still being pretty secretive but we can expect there to still be puzzles. Weapons will still exist in the game although Capcom has warned that it won't be a "gun fest" like we've seen in earlier iterations. Personally, it is quite refreshing.

Resident Evil 7 is slated to arrive on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on January 24, 2017.

Permalink to story.

I think we can all agree, system requirements are written by monkeys. They are not useful in any way, shape or form. Not even a little bit.

I think we can all agree, system requirements are written by monkeys. They are not useful in any way, shape or form. Not even a little bit.
1b3swd.jpg

760 or 260X?! Ok now I have to see the benchmarks lol.

The 960 and 280X makes a little more sense, but the 280X usually crushes the 960 these days.

These requirements are exactly my PC, lol. Recent ones seem to favor AMD which is weird.

I5 4460 also goes against fx 8350, not fx 6300.

Meh we'll see. In BF MP is known to run great on multiple threads. In fact the FX-8350 is usually just a hair below the i7, and the FX-6350 is a hair below the i5.

Who's to say this game won't be the same?

"Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent"

Even as a person running an AMD processor, I always find this to be funny for most games recommended specs. Its like they are all afraid to just come out and say, "um, yeah, there is no AMD equivalent".

"Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent"

Even as a person running an AMD processor, I always find this to be funny for most games recommended specs. Its like they are all afraid to just come out and say, "um, yeah, there is no AMD equivalent".
they are just using Intel first because it's much more popular. yes, there are AMD CPUs that can compete with i3 or less powerful i5 CPUs in games.

hopefully next year we'll also have something that can compete with i7.

they are just using Intel first because it's much more popular. yes, there are AMD CPUs that can compete with i3 or less powerful i5 CPUs in games.

hopefully next year we'll also have something that can compete with i7.
I think you missed where I quoted the i7 part, wasn't even talking about i3 or i5. Secondly, even a FX 8350 is hardly equivalent to a modern i3 most of the time, let alone i5+.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on AMD (just aware of the truth). I still have found almost no reason to upgrade my own 8350. Even with a good GPU you're likely to be GPU bound long before being CPU bound (unless you're targeting over 60fps).

Back