capture card error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanaleia

capture card question

Hello, I hope I am putting this thread in the correct place I wasnt sure what this problem falls under. I am having difficulty with my video capture card recognizing that I have a video camera attached I get this error message in Ulead Video Studio 7 "Either no video capture driver is installed in this system or no device is connected" when I try to capture from my JVC-GRD244U. Intervideo windvd creator cant find my camcorder to capture anything from. In My Computer it comes up but when I try to open it I get this message "Creation of the video preview failed. Please check the device connection and make sure that the device is not being used by another application or user" Windows Movie Maker gives this message "A problem was encountered while trying to connect to one of your capture devices. Check your capture drivers then try again" I installed this last card myself last year and have used it with great success 4 or 5 times. I have not used it however in almost a year My video capture card is:
IEEE 1394 Firewire Card 2-port with video editing kit by starTech.com
JVC-GRD244U is my video camera
9550 Radeon video card
WIN XP Pro SP2
What I have tried:
I have uninstalled the driver for the capture card and restarted my comp and it found the driver fine but still the same difficulty in recognizing it. I have read the manual again hoping i had forgotten something but still no success.
Of course I have the camera on play when I try to capture
Do you have any idea what else I should try or what might be causing a card that worked perfectly to stop.
Thanks for your time and help if you need any additional info please let me know
hanaleia

Hello?

Did I do something wrong or put this in the wrong spot or Is there noone who has any thoughts on what I could try?
'sigh'
Thanks anyway, if you come up with something please dont hesitate

"Either no video capture driver..." message resolved

Hurrah, I was able to get my computer to capture my video, Let me tell you what happened so maybe someone in the future may have the same weirdness and may benefit from my experience.
I remembered that March 07 was the last time I could capture anything and since then the only thing that has happened on my computer was I purchased a set of webcams, I did not like them so I uninstalled and returned them, I think they must have uninstalled something important(I guess thats why I got a few "no driver" messages) even though Windows said the drivers were fine. I just purchased Creative Live Cams and installed them, Since both Web and Camcorders show up under Imaging Devices in Device manager on a hunch I tried the capture card again, it worked perfectly like it used to. I am guessing that the uninstall of the other webcam took away or damaged a driver needed. I hope this helps someone next time who might have a similar problem.
Hanaleia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back