Capturing ShockWave Flash

By chocobogo_rct
Feb 9, 2003
  1. Not sure if this is a video question but NTL.
    I was wondering the best way to capture Shock Wave Flash videos from websites, Some websites offer an .exe version of the flash but most dont.

I was wondering how I could capture the embedded SWF videos and save them to my computer maybe as an .exe

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Check the web page source for swf file address and download it directly, I think that's the easiest way.
  3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

...and the best way to do that would be to right click on the page, go up to 'view source', and then search 'swf'.
  4. chocobogo_rct

chocobogo_rct TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 93

cheers guys, thats what i thought, i just wondered if anyone knew of a peice of software that grabs the swf off a website!! cheers anyway
  5. Snowy Commando

Snowy Commando TS Rookie Posts: 148

Isn't that like stealing someones work or at least an attempt to?
  6. Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment TS Rookie Posts: 77

no, it oculd be simply to have it on your HD - thing is most flash work - when exported u can prevent it from being imported and edited.

It would be like joe Cartoon - u simply want to save em - so u don't got to load em everytime.

There are programs like teleport pro - web spiders - that u tell to get files from url's and it will.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.