car cd deck help

By marioyea
Jul 17, 2007
  1. i was just putting in the deck and then it worked fine then i hooked up the subwoffer and amplifier then i plluged the deck back in and now it wont turn on andd my horn dosnt work either..? can anyone help? thanks in advance
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Have you checked the fuse panel for blown fuses. Did you disconnect the cars battery before you began the CD install?
  3. marioyea

marioyea TS Rookie Topic Starter

i did disconnected and i also pulled the deck out and i tested it in another car and it worked... but i havent chck the fuses
  4. Tmagic650

If the deck works in another car, it has to be a problem with the wiring or a blown fuse... or both. You may have a wiring error that takes out a fuse. Carefully check your connections
  5. marioyea

marioyea TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok i found the blow fuse changed it now the deck tuned on but then turned off and keep like flashing in nd out
  6. Tmagic650

CHECK THE WIRING CAREFULLY... The blown fuse and the erratic deck operation is a strong indication of a miswire or faulty ground connection
  7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +198

Agree with tmagic650.

Most car stereos will actually have what each wire does printed on the wires themselves if you look carefully.

As a rule.

Red is live.
    Orange or yellow is permanant live.
    Black is earth.

purples, greens, greys ect are speakers. in pairs but one out of each pair will have a small black stripe down it.

Alternetively most auto parts stores will sell you an adapter loom for around a tenner. Be sure to be sure all the wiring is correct, ive seen people burn their cars a bit with dodgy radio wiring :) good luck!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.