Card or monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I purchased last year a Samsung 940N monitor and then, a couple of months later, an ASUS GEForce 7600GS video board.

Recently, I have experienced this problem. On start-up, the monitor will cycle through white, grey, RGB stripe and black (changing every second) and can sometimes do this for up to half an hour before finally displaying the correct image.

Also, when having worked correctly for some time, the monitor occasionally will sort of 'fade'. Hard to describe, but it seems like all pixels are quite quickly fading across the screen, from right to left, following which the monitor will revert to the behaviour described in the previous paragraph.

At first I thought it might be a heat problem, but diagnostics do not suggest anything wrong there, and I believe I have all the latest drivers.

Anyone any suggestions?

(I am running Windows XP on AMD Athlon 64 with 1GB RAM on an ASUS A8N-VM CSM MB running at 200Mhz)

Thanks in advance

If available, try switching to another monitor. If the problem stops, the monitor might be faulty.

This does sound like a monitor problem, but we won't really know until you try another monitor on your system first

Thanks to all responses. I will try another monitor next week, although for HPCE_Larry, I wasn't having problems before the gfx card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back