TechSpot

CARS THQ game running really slow, why?

By foycur
May 18, 2007
  1. I bought the Cars PC game for my boys to play, and after installing I noted that it was really slow. Choppy, and overall unplayable. I have DirectX 9.0c installed, and just picked up a 7600GS 256 MB AGP card; and I've got 1 gb of memory onboard. No one can tell me it's that much of a resources hog! I have most, if not all, of my unnecessary stuff turned off in the background. anyone have any ideas?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,457   +228

Perhaps the latest driver for your graphics card?

3. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 TS Rookie Posts: 152

Definitely mailpup......he should check the manufacturers website for updated drivers

4. foycur

foycur TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 160

Going to head there right now and check it out....although the game is two years old maybe it will work....thanks!!!

5. foycur

foycur TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 160

Tried installing the very latest from EVGA's website. No dice. Not all of my games are choppy...but this one my kids love and it just bugs me. ANy other ideas?

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,457   +228

Just checking but did you uninstall the old graphics driver through Add and Remove Programs before installing the new one?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.