Case fan does not spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
cooling fan located on the back of my pc isnt spinning. Plus this pc i just bought 4 days ago, however the fan randomly come son during a reboot and then doesnt work. what could it be thats causing the fan to work then to stop spinning?, or what should i do?...and my audio on my pc is acting weird..movement with the mouse or keyboard, or any loading of anything possible. it would cause static and cracking, its getting annoying. check the link below, hopefully the guy isnt right. any tips would be great thanks.

http://support.intergraph.com/itservices/iarticles/50970089.pdf

well personally if it were mine i would take it back to the place i bought it, assuming you bought it at a store, breaking into it and messing with it could void your manufacturers warranty, and the fan problem may not be a problem, you fan could be regulated to kick in at certain temps, i know the newer compaq presarios are set up like that. and what kind of computer is it?

that would account for the cracking in the sound, i fixed that problem with my comp couple months back, by buying a new psu. this one here should do for you, but still i would have the manfacturer take care of it...

Its likely a thermally controlled fan, once the motherboard or cpu temperature breaks a certain threshold it kicks on.

But don't thermally-regulated fans usually spin continuously at a low RPM, and then rev up when temps go too high?

On my A64 system I have the fan stay off until a certain temp. It gives me a CPU Fan Failure! warning when I start up and I have to press F1 to continue, but the fan doesn't spin up unless I'm doing something fairly intensive.

i'm gonna take my pc back during the week when i have sometime on my hands.

Vista Premium
Intel core 2 duo e6400 2.13g
Sata2 320.0gb Seagate 7200. 16m
p4 s775 asus p5b 965p pcie
650W Aliment ATX Antec True650 Trio
4gb's of ram KVR 667mhz DDR2
MSI PCIE GF8 8800 GTS 640m

I highly doubt its my hardware, might be vista. But i'm still gonna take it back for a check up.

Software and OSs like Vista rarely (if at all) affect the fan failing to spin. It has to be a hardware problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back