Case fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalaji

Hey guys, this is my first post so please bare with me. I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo and a Chieftec Green Dragon case. The case has 4 snap in fan mounts but i dont know if i can plug them all into my mobo. I have an Enermax 350W PSU (EG365P-VE(FM)). My question is does anyone know how many fans i can plug into the motherboard and if i can plug some into the PSU? I plan on using 3 fans, 2 under the PSU and one at the front of the case at the bottom. Can you also suggest which to make intakes and which to make outtakes? Thanks.
-lalaji

You won't plug your fans into your motherboard. The only connection you need to place in the motherboard is for your heatsink fan which is a 3-pin connection that monitors the RPM on the heatsink fan.

If you have a side-window on that case which has a fan mount it would be wise to use it also because this provides some extra cooling on your PCI/AGP devices. I myself use a 120mm fan which installs with 3 screws on the bracket screw holes and cools the PCI/AGP devices directly. It makes for a great way to keep your video card cool.

2 out-take fans and 1 intake should be fine.

Just remember that hot air rises and you want to get rid of as much of that hot air as possible. So my strategy would be to intake the cool air from the lowest point in the front of the case, and outtake from the highest points in the case. Which is a big reason why many cases have fan mounts at the very top.

I hope that helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back