Case fans not all working

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get all my case fans to work at once?

I just built my system with an Intel Desktop board D865GVHZ motherboard.
When I plug in both case fans, only one will come on. I have tried plugging it into each of the available plug ins for fans. My case has an lcd window in front to monitor fans and temp, but shows only the one fan on. I have gotten two high temp alarms now. Each time, it cools down from 57 to 47c after alarm, but I really would like to avoid high temp with fans working. How do i get them both to work??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Normally, you would plug the cpu fan into the mobo and the case fans would be plugged directly into the psu`s molex connectors.

What connectors do you have on your case fans, three or four pin?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

how do you determine if the fan is on? According to the LC window?

The window might just show the status of only 1 fan. Most case LCD displays are meant to show the status of the CPU (temp, fan speed, etc).

I'd check the fans physically. Are they spinning?

how do I get all my case fans to work at once?

Hi, Howard, thanks for your prompt reply. I have 3-pin plugs on fans, and have upgraded my profile to include all system info.
I have tried plugging fans into every available spot on pc board and now have them plugged into the lcd display which shows their operation info. But only the larger fan operates. Just thought I'd add that you guys are truly a Godsend for us greenhorns.
Yes, I physically looked at it - it's not turning. There are two fan info places, FAN1 and FAN2

Hey, Howard, I found that this time, don't have a clue why it wouldn't work last time, that when I bypassed #2 fan couple for lcd window on my case and just plugged fan into a socket, it came on! Will wonders never cease! I really appreciate your site, it has helped me tremendously just to read postings and get answers before bogging down the dialog. I guess I don't need to see what #2 fan is doning if I know it's on anyway. Thanks again

Glad your problem is solved.

P.s I`ve merged your new thread with this one, as it is all to do with the same problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back