TechSpot

Case Front USB Ports not Responding

By greatman05
Dec 7, 2006
  1. Hey Guys! I have a copmputer with an Antec p160W case. I was wondering, is it possible for the two front USB ports to go out? Is there a way to replace them if they do? Just to let you know, all of the cords and plugs needed are attached.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,692   +337

Not possible unless the motherboard is faulty, which is highly unlikely that only the USB headers would die.

What is more likely is the wires aren't properly seated on the USB headers, they are put on incorrectly, or the drivers in the OS are corrupted and need reinstalled.

3. greatman05

greatman05 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 536

That can't be possible, because the mobo has been working fine. My grandmother just reported this problem. It's related to System #2 in my profile. Anyway, all of the other USB ports work fine. And, I can't put the USB wires in any other direction because they're arranged in a block, and have a similar look to the way newer IDE cables prevent you from putting them in the wrong way.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.