Case Mod -micro Atx - Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmaster007

Hi guys,

Just wondering - can you put an ATX PSU into a MICRO ATX case, they look the same size and Im sure my psu is a full atx (its in a micro case)

anyone help me?

thanks

If they're the same dimensions and the screw holes are in the same place then I cant' see why not, but I haven't really got any experience with anything other than ATX cases.

Most micro atx cases take a standard atx power supply, exceptions being cases like the antec aria, which use a proprietary power supply, and some very small htpc oriented cases, which use "micro atx" power supplies.

Some power supplies labeled micro atx are really atx power supplies with a shallow mounting depth, and therefore could be used in an atx case (these are sometimes called "ps3 power supplies," and are commonly used in some of the hp desktop line). True micro atx power supplies have a smaller mounting pattern than atx suppies.

I was looking into micro ATX power supplies recently for a potential future build and I noticed what vnf4ultra said about the mounting pattern. The mounting screw holes on true micro ATX power supplies have a different pattern than a standard ATX PSUs. So if the micro case has a dual pattern and can accommodate a normal ATX PSU, you should be okay, but it's something you should check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back