TechSpot

Case Modding Kits?

By #Curtis
Jul 9, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For those out there who have modded their cases, did you buy a case modding kit to do so, i bought one for my desktop and really could get the perspex to fit in the black rubber for around the edges, i took it to the mechanic and got him to do it for me because it was like a windscreen. So what did you do?

2. dmill89

dmill89 TS Guru Posts: 737

For My window I cut a hole with tin snips and an angle grinder,leaveing about an inch of extra metal. Then I bent the extra metal over and hammered it flat to form a nice smooth rounded edge. I bought a piece of lexan and glued it in from the back with liquid nails. easy and looks great without the hassel of the stupid rubber.

3. Mr47

Mr47 TS Rookie Posts: 18

i'm modding my case these days, and i'm thinking of getting a Sharkoon window kit, looks nice.
    i diden't use any kits so far, just car paint,and i replaced the plastic on the front of the case, with a home made metal one.

@ dmill89: good idea!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.