Cases supporting USB 3.0

Jskid

I wasn't aware that certain cases don't support usb 3.0, how is this possible since it's the same size/shape as usb 2.0?

Because USB 3.0 is just now beginning to be implemented. Plus, there is a ton of surplus cases with USB 2.0 by the many manufactures still in stock that needs to be moved.

Even brand new offerings from laptop manufactures still only carry USB 2.0 though some are offered with 3.0.

At this point neither AMD or Intel offer native support on their cpus for USB 3.0 though if rumor holds true the new AMD Bulldozer cpus may offer it.

As for cases the Cooler Master HAF-942 has it and the newer version of the HAF-932 has it as well. Keep in mind these are full towers.

So you would recommend not worrying about USB 3 for a new computer? I thought since it's so much faster it would be very popular?

Good question. But like I said, USB 3.0 is still relatively new. However, the newer motherboards do have USB 3.0 but in order to connect you will have to do so from the back end of your PC.

The motherboards are ahead of current cases with a few exceptions as I have already pointed to.

Back