Catalyst 11.4 drivers bring 15% more speed in Black Ops

By Matthew
Apr 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has received Microsoft's nod of approval for the Catalyst 11.4 preview drivers released last month and the WHQL-certified version is awaiting your download below. Unlike March's official update, the latest build delivers a slew of new features and performance enhancements -- especially for folks running the new Radeon HD 6800 or 6900 series graphics cards. Those products receive the following speed boosts:

Read the whole story
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

are they serious this time?? the 100% GPU usage bug has been there since post 10.11 catalyst driver. and it's not just Firefox that triggers it, countless complains (myself included) don't even run firefox and the GPU bug still presents. is this 11.4 for real? because it seems this bug pretty much renders all the drivers after 10.11 useless.

if anyone is encountering this bug, which should be many, please confirm. i am still at work, and won't be able to test this out. seems like someone at the driver Dev team broke the whole damn thing since 10.12 came out. sometimes it amazes me how many things they can break as oppose to fixing it. it's like coming out with a patch to fix the previous patch.
  3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

A patch to patch the patches patch... dont you use computers?
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

howzz, I'm sorry... that came off like a real smart ***... but it's just my lame attempt at being humorous.
  5. Ahmed90

Ahmed90 TechSpot Member Posts: 96   +9

@howzz1854 i got the same issue for all drivers later than 10.11 installed 11.4 since few hours seems like its fixed
  6. howzz1854

this is sounding like a good news. would you mind keeping all of us updated. if it really is fixed, i would really like to put it on my comp. thanks
  7. howzz1854

installed it last night, so far so good. but i'll have to wait a few days to make a judgement call. since my computer at home is on most of the time, shouldn't take long for the bug to creep up, if it's still there. keep you all posted.
  8. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,022   +87

It's the first time i've seen a new driver from AMD so well received. Let's hope they continue this trend because they still have a LOT of work to do.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.