Caused by a driver device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have a problem , in the beginin of a computer, after a reboot. i get a blue message that i send to microsoft and it says 'Caused By A Driver Device' blah blah.... it hapens each time i play any game like Unreal 2004, GTA VICE CITY, Call of Duty, Age of mytology and many other games, i play for 5-10 minutre and my compure reboots by itself and then i get that message... i know it caused by my video graphic card... i have Xp serv. pack 2, 512 ram, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 1.47 Ghz..... in the device manager it is workin properly and all other devices, but i know its video card that causes this all.. cos i got a message someteims that says sorry for any inconvience but ur video card blah blah has caused the game to close.... What do i do? i need that video card to run my computer adn games... so i dont want to uninstal it.... how can i fix it?? thak u for help nayeon :)

No, i havent uninstaled and instaled my nvidia driver?? but ill do it in 5 min.....

and in blah blah it says --- > Error Caused by a Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific information about how to resolve this problem at this time. The information that you and other users submit will be used to investigate this problem.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause.

Getting Help

Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:

If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.

Wasn't there a mention of some sort of video driver issues with SP2? It might take a little bit to do, but I would probably uninstall SP2 and see if that makes any difference.

Other than that, the usual update-the-video-driver and update-direct-x routine stuff.

beta of sp2??? how do i get it off?/ and before i uninstal sp2, i need to get Xp sp1... but u think if i get sp1 then i wont have that problem??? and i reinstaled it. it still the same problem.... but wut about sp2 beta??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back