Cb radio signal coming through

My neighbor has a cb radio and ever since I got this laptop I've been getting his signal coming through only when I'm using my headphones. When I'm using the computer's built in speakers and he's on his radio everything is fine. He gave me a ferris(?) Choke, but I'm not sure if I should be putting it on the head phone wire or not. I'm working on a wi-fi signal from a router and I'm roughly 8-12 yds away from his antennas. So essentially I'm asking if I need to use the choke on the headphone wires or do I need to put it somewhere else? I didn't have this issue with my laptop using windows 7.0, though my daughter did. My computer also uses the realtek sound software that came with my computer which is running on windows 10 upgraded from 8.1. I can't think of anything else that might be significant to my issue. Any ideas? Suggestions?? Thanks in Advance.

CB'ers know little and the ferris core is about all you can expect.

The fact that it occurs only with the headset is a STRONG indicator: it's the wires there acting like an antenna.
Hoping your mention of WiFi is not related to the headset but just your Internet connection, take the core and place it
at the end of the wires nearest the pc plugin

Its a ferrite choke and jobeard is right it should be placed as near as is possible to the plug and you should coil your plug through it three times ideally, it is the wire on your headset working as a aerial but to be honest it sounds as though he is using a "Burner" linear Amplifier and producing more than legal wattage (Trust me I know I was one of the first CBers in the Southern UK way back in the days when it was illegal and we were working on 23 channel US radios) I presume your in the States if it persists threaten to go to your local FCC office.

Back