TechSpot

Ccv svchost problem in xp

By linux44
Dec 28, 2007
  1. hi
    i just got a problem which suddenly my system show that the cpu performance is about 80% and the memory usage was 900 mg out of 1 gb
    and i found the reason the reason was
    this file
    ccv svchost that get 50% of cpu and 400 mg of ram and i dont know what was that for i could not endtask it at all it says access denied and i tried 5 or 6 time and it says access denaid which means i can not endtask that and i also tried do it from cmd by taskkill command and it says access denaid
    any idea?
    is it virus or ..?

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

'ccv' usually is Obfuscated-CCV. Obfuscated code is source code that is (usually intentionally) very hard to read and understand. Spammers frequently use obfuscated JavaScript or HTML code in spam messages.

There is Trojan-PSW.Win32LdPinch.ccv which shows in the svchost process. The fact that you can't end task would make this suspect.

Please switch over to the Security Forum and follow the directions for running the programs and posting your logs. You will need to do this in order to find and eliminate the malware.

svchost.exe is a native Windows process. But malware can display as svchost.exe.

3. linux44

linux44 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

ccv

ok thanks for reply.
    how would i do the task to find a report and send it to
    you would you please be able to send me a link to how to do it?
    thanks a lot

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.