cd and dvd drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

etones

can someone please help me. my cd (LITE-ON LTR-40125W) and dvd drive (SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608) arent showing up in my computer. i have try reinstalling them with no luck, when i enter device manager they are displayed with a yellow !. i dont know whats wrong with it, the drivers are both upto date.

Were you able to use them before or just installed? Did you check the cable connections and jumper settings. Also I would check the bios settings too.

yes i was able to use them before, all cables ok, what jumpers do i need to check, thanks for replying so quick

If you were able to use both devices without any problem, than it might be the operating system that cause problem. For jumper settings and cd-rom installation article you might want to check this address out: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6603_7-5118840-4.html

Did you install any of devices by yourself? If you have guarantee seal, you might not want to open the case.

i have not changed any of the jumpers, the devices where already installed, i noticed the day before they stop working, i was trying to burn a cd it failed at about 46% but then i tryed it again and it worked.

You said, when you check device manager, there is a yellow exclamation! That means there is a conflict. Have you checked the properties window for both devices from device manager?

May be you need to uninstall drivers for both and reinstall the drivers but you say you also did that. Did you check for driver uptades?

That's strange because devices were working properly and they stopped working all of a sudden. How old are the devices? What changes have you made lately that could cause a problem like this? Any software installations, any other device installation? Configuration, setting changes? etc.

they are about 4 years, they are not install on the pc below. i have checked driver updates none available. i have installed nero with image drive or something like that

What operating system are you using then? If you end up solving the problem, please drop here a msg.

im using windows xp but i have sorted it out, i tried everything but nothing worked so i just reinstalled windows, everythings working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back