TechSpot

CD Burner Problems

By Ruki
Feb 23, 2005
  1. I've been having trouble burning CDs for quite a while now. I use Windows XP and every time I attempt to burn something onto CD I get an error. I tried using different burners, changing the recording speed, etc. but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Ah! The "an" error! Oh i know the solution for that - you have to fix it.

Just a liitle bit more detail maybe? What error? What burners? What burning software?

3. Ruki

Ruki TS Rookie Topic Starter

I use windows media. It says it can't complete burning, to change the recording speed or try a different brand of disc. I get the same type of error with other burners I've tried.

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Dump Windows Media and install a decent program.
    Before you spend money, try the (free) excellent program CDBurnerXP Pro 3 from www.cdburnerxp.se
    The critics are raving about it.

If that is not good enough for you, get Nero.

5. Ruki

Ruki TS Rookie Topic Starter

I installed CDBurnerXP, put in a fresh disc, attempted to burn an album, and got this message: "Error while writing Audio CD: Error during power calibration. Can't fullfil writing on the disc!"

6. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

We need make and model of CD-burner, what mobo, what BIOS and all other technical data you have.
    Fill in the 'User Profile', top left an any page.
    Leave out any chrystal ball references...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.