CD Burner Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDJD

Hey Guys,

I just bought a new batch of CDRs to burn some of my mp3 files and the majority of them are not burning.

I have a Dell 4550 that is around 7 years old and I just use Realplayer V10 to burn CDs.

About a 1/4 into burning the cds it says error and aborts the burn.

I have done everything Realplayer support has told me to do...The only thing I haven't done is spray that de-duster stuff in the drive for I have never done that.

Do you think that my driver has gotten too dusty too burn cds properly or maybe the CD burner on this Dell has run its course?

I was also thinking about switching to another burn software but have yet to do so.

Or maybe the files I have been burning are corrupted and won't burn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMHO, it is likely the CD burner has gone belly up. You could try blowing air into it but replacing it would surely solve the problem. You could take this opportunity to upgrade to a DVD burner. They also burn CDs as well. They don't really cost that much.

IMHO, it is likely the CD burner has gone belly up. You could try blowing air into it but replacing it would surely solve the problem. You could take this opportunity to upgrade to a DVD burner. They also burn CDs as well. They don't really cost that much.

Yeh I was pretty much thinking the same thing myself.

Thanks for you input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back