CD Burning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes:
Two nights ago I tried burning a CD using musicmatch and my external burn drive. Never had a problem before. This time, the burn got to about 10% and then froze--the CD kept spinning, but the burn failed. Tried this 3 or 4 more times, with different mp3 files, same problem. Reinstalled musicmatch, same problem. Tried the internal burn drive, same problem. Tried Nero instead of musicmatch, same problem--the burn got to about 3%. Did a virus scan in safe mode and only came up with a couple spyware. Restored my saved registry and multimedia setup and everything seemed to be okay for two burns. Now I'm experiencing the same problem. Always freezes at 10%. I'm now at a loss as to what to do. Using Windows 2000. Please help!

P.S. I should add: Last month I tried to backup with my system with Sonic Simple Backup, using my external burn drive and DVDs. Everything got off to a good start, but the backup froze at an early point. I tried several times and followed Sonic's suggestions for resolving the problem, but eventually gave up.

Drive problem

It seems your CD-RW drive is the problem. I have a CD-RW/DVD Combo drive. But now i can only read CDs; no DVD's or CD burnings. If the drive is the problem, the best hope you have is updating the firmware of the drive (you can go to the manufacturer's website for details), or else you have to trash your drive and buy a new one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back