TechSpot

Cd Drive _ Help!!!!

By Sickem
Dec 26, 2005
  1. hey i am really confused on the whole cd dvd and dvd r and cd rom and cd-r and all that i just want to know is there a drive withh all the R and RW and DVD R RW and CD ROM features in it if not just tell me this then

__________i want a cd drive where i can burn cd-r music and play dvds and play video games on (as in the disk for a video game) thats all so if all that is in 1 drive plz give me a link to it .. i aploigize for the stupid question i just get really confused when it comes to the cds and dvd's thanks for any help
    **SICKEM** :knock: :knock: :knock:

2. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 TS Rookie Posts: 170

Really Simple

Just get yourself a DVD RW drive!

This drive will:

Read, Play, and Burn CD's

Read, Play, and Burn DVD's

CD -R and +R and Dvd -R and +R are just different types of CD's and DVD's.

Heres a link with an example of a nice combo drive:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1647585&CatId=89

This particular drive supports:

DVD/CD-Rewritable drive. This 5.25-inch half-height IDE drive can write to the following formats: DVD+R, DVD+R- Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R-Double Layer, DVD-RW, CD-R and CD-RW discs.

Just make sure when you buy the cd's or dvd's that they are the correct format.

Hope that helps! :D

3. Sickem

Sickem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

sweet so if i put in a game disck it can read it right?

4. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 TS Rookie Posts: 170

What do you mean by "Game Disc"? If it's like a playstation game then probably not. If it is a computer game on a cd or dvd, then yes.

5. Sickem

Sickem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

umm

SRY i did mean a computer game disc thnx alot tho

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.