CD drive issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new to this. I have an emachine T1640 with a lite-on DVDRW SOHW 1633s
The deivce manager is telling me I am missing or have bad drivers. The drive will not recognize blank CD's. or record. It is working at reading a school lesson video for my daughter. I have tried to download drivers , but when I try to open them they tell me there is no device for the driver.
Can any one give me a suggestion. (in simple lanquage)
Thank you

You could try going to your drive manufacturer's webpage and see if they have a firmware update.

How old is this drive?

Emachines doesn't show a "T1640" on their support page, only a "T1600". Here's that link; Is this pretty close to what you have? If so, yours may be a store-specific model number. Best Buy sells models made specifically for them from time to time, so I know that this is possible.
If your Emachine is as old as the T1600 appears to be, the drive may have run it's race so to speak, and it could be time for another. Makingthe jump to a DVD burner is the most price to performance sensible, but, you would probably need to add some memory to the machine for performance to be anything more than poor when handling DVD tasks.

Thanks for the reply. I was on the manufacturers website and several others and even downloaded firmware updates, but when I go to install them, it tells me that there is no hardware to go with them. I beleive the computer is about 3 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back