CD Drive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting read to install a game onto my computer, so I went and put the disc in. I noticed that nothing was happening, so I went to My Computer to run it. When I got there, I noticed my D and E drives were missing. So I checked out the properites and went into Device Manager and noticed an Exclamation point on each drive, so for my DVD/CDive I got the following message

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

And for my other Normal Drive I got

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

The problem is, when I click on troubleshoot, Nothing happens, nothing comes up, so I came to this site to see if I could get some help.

If anyone can help me with my problem, I'd be very thankful.

Welcome to Techspot!
It is better if you take a little time and put hardware & OS info in your Profile.The guys can give you much better help.
I am going to guess that D: & E: are 2 CD roms on one IDE channel.
At any rate ; Reboot your computer and check that these drives are being recognized by the Bios.
Also be sure that the connections to these drives are seated well .
If that doesn't work get back to us with more Info.

Same problem but no answers

I am having the same problem that you are and I also need some advice. Have you gotten any results yet?

I have same problem? Also get no graphics in Media Player

I have rebooted and checked the connectors. What next?
They both show up in BIOS

Troubleshoot one thing at a time.
Make sure jumpers are set Master/Slave- not Cableselect.
Get latest Firmware version for your drive.
Did you load more than 1 kind of CD/DVD authoring type software if so comepletely delete both and re-install just one .(Check website for conflicting files )
Try the drives in another computer, and/or a new drive in your's.
Turn DMA on/off
turn off Window XP's writing software.
Check security settings for the drives.
Delete the drive in Device manager and reboot Windows should re-install them.
Good luck something will work.Let us know.

Hi,
I am having a problem with my CD and Dvd drives. They won't recogonize the cd/dvds. Here is the scoop:
With the cd drive I am getting ani/o device error.
In windows xp trouble shooting it says to check for bad cable, I have done this and it is ok.
XP says the drives are working fine. I have uninsalled and and then re-installed. The drives are up to date.
I have tried to do a system restore (backing up to about 2 weeks) in both normal and safe mode but it won't let me.

Everything else is working fine
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Terry

cd rom fix

start
run
regedit

Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

restart

it should help 90% of the time

90% of the time is right!

it worked great did not even have to restart as soon as I did the reg edit and reinserted the drive spun right up and was recognized Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back