CD/DVD drive gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_341

Hi all

After uninstalling XP tools and InCD (some Nero thing I've never used), my computer wont recognize my DVD/CD drive, meaning any thing CD related (i.e. drivers etc) cant be read. I haven't the slightest idea what happened, but it wont light up and the icon has disappeared from my computer. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or what I've done? The USB hub and sound card are also listed as not working, but they are (?)

The details of the drive are
HL-DT -ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B (An LG super multi DVD/CD RW)

My computer isn't exactly old and dated either (well it depends on your version of old, but 2005 isn't that old is it?), and although there has been some previous little niggles, I've never lost an entire drive like this.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Have you checked for hardware changes in your Device Manager? I'm guessing that is what is showing you the USB problem as well.

You can always choose scan system for changes to see if it finds it again.

As for the USB issues, it sounds like you need to reinstall your mobo (assuming your USB is from the mobo and not a PCI card) drivers for the USB devices.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

All fixed

Yeah turns out the InCD was the problem. Visited the Microsoft website and it was all good, just had to get rid of a few reg entries. Cheers

Yeah pain in the *** it was too. Gotta reinstall all my CD burning gear, even stuff like iTunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back