CD/DVD Drive recognizes first disc then sees all others as the first disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an odd problem on two different PCs. Both are WinXP and clear of spyware. They share very few other details, making it odd that they have the same exact problem.

Once I insert a CD into the optical drive (a Pioneer 108 DVD+-RW on one machine and a LiteOn DVD ROM on the other), the computer reads it and then ANY OTHER disc I put in after the first one seems to go unrecognized. Not only that, but bringing up "My Computer" shows that the drive is saying the FIRST disc's directory.

The only program I have on both which I suspect is CopyToDVD. Any suggestions? (I've already tried uninstalling it and it didn't solve the issue).

Sounds like you have auto run turned off. My pc does the same but i dont want cd's auto running so i just put up with it.

IronDuke said:
Pressing F5 will refresh the read the CD and refresh the window.

LOL. If only. Sorry, it is a touch more difficult than that. I do actually have auto-run off. I'll try re-enabling it and see what happens. Thanks.

Turning auto-run back on fixed the problem. This is quite odd. Why is auto-run commonly documented as easy to turn off but if you do, you can have this severe (and annoying as hell) an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back