CD/DVD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All:
I checked other threads for an answer...helpful, but need more. Drive (CD/DVD TS-H492A) Bios shows: 1st chan. Drive 0 HD WDC WD400JB-0055. which is my H Drive. 1st Chan.Device 1 is ST3400 15A old C drive slave. 2nd chanDevice 0 TSST CDW/TS-H492A. 2nd, 3rd and 4th None. Device mgr. shows this drive with yellow flag and "windows cannot load driver ...may be corrupt or missing, code 39" Troubleshooting help didn't help. Driver files details lists 4 drivers all checked with green checkmarks. Tried another CD Writer drive.....computer recognizes it, device mgr. lists with flag....same as with the orginal CD/DVD drive. I had the computer services two months ago, didn't need to drive until now,...technician went out of business...no contact. A new drive won't help based on what I said above....I have given up. Forever grateful for any help. George.

dvdts

I think you can test the controller with the ultimate boot disck and see it thats the problem if it is doing this with more that one cd player.

TypeX45 said:
I think you can test the controller with the ultimate boot disck and see it thats the problem if it is doing this with more that one cd player.

Thanks. Not being too knowledgeable about computers...I need to know more about the"ultimate boot disk" This computer unfortunately does not have a floppy drive and I am not sure how to make one without the CD/DVD recorder working. George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back