CD-R Restore/Back-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

A little while back, someone there sent me an address of a site whereby I could either back-up files or restore my system. not sure which, can he/she give me the address again please, I will print it off this time.
I am more interested in the System Restore using CD-R, mine are "Datawrite Classic, 4.7GB General Purpose" I guess that these will be suitable?.

Thanks,
Maurice:grinthumb

Thought that TS should know, I tried going to your sponsered site advertising cheap CD-R's, & was told that it was no longer available.
I went there just to see how their prices compared, for future reference.

Nodsu, are you saying that the discs I have are no use for this purpose, if so, which type do I need?
Can someone remind me of that site address anyway?

Maurice:confused:

You can write to DVD discs only if you have a DVD writer capable of writing to them.

I have "NERO" installed, & my CD drive is a combined CD ROM &/or DVD.
The rewriter is an Optorite Burnproof IDE 52x32x52, the CD drive drawer front is marked "ReWritable", is this what you want to know, in other words will this do what I want, ie;- System Restore?.......now can I have the name of that site please?.........ANYone!, ta muchly, sorry if I wasn't explicit enough.

Maurice

That drive is a CD-R as you say, the problem arises when you want to burn to those 4.7GB disks you have. Those are DVD disks, and while you can read them with that drive, you cannot write to them.

Thanks SNGX, that's just what I wanted to know, anyway, they were free from Savapoint, just paid £2.99 postage, I was originally saving them for DVD's, before I knew what I was planning for this PC., would still like to know that site address though, [can't remember who gave me it] for when I get the correct discs.
It took three posts to get this far, not complaining though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back