TechSpot

CD-Rom Doesn't Recognize Disc Is Inserted

By artzy1
May 4, 2006
  1. Hi. My CD-Rom will play audio discs and installation discs. But it doesn't recognize blank CD-R/RW discs. When I try to save data files to a CD-R/CDRW, I get this message: No device selected. How do I solve problem? Thanks

2. madman_ncfc

madman_ncfc TS Rookie Posts: 21

is it actually a cd burner? because in your post you refer to it as a cdrom

3. artzy1

artzy1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Not A Burner

Hi. Thanks for your reply. No, it's not a burner. It's the CD-Rom in my PC. It doesn't recognize when a blank disc is inserted. I can't save files I do in any software program, for instance Word, to disc. It does recognize and play audio cd's and installation discs. It might be helpful to know this PC was once part of a network but it isn't now. It was given to me as a gift. Thanks for your help. Regards.

4. madman_ncfc

madman_ncfc TS Rookie Posts: 21

The reason why it doesnt recogzine blank CD's and save to them is that it is a CD-ROM drive which is not designed to work with blank CD's if you want to read and save to blank Cd's then you will need to buy a cd burner
    If you would like me to recommend you a good cd/dvd burner then i would be happy to
    Chris

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.