Cd rom drive broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiscountryboy

hey guys i got a huge problem, my cd rom drive went into a very bad tizzy what happened is that i started up my computer and the cd rom drive tray would not open, thats not the problem because of the emergency port so i opened it with the little hole and a paper clip but then then the drive wouldnt close with the motor that normally closes the tray, even when i start to push it into the drive it feels like dead weight

this is a cd rw drive, nor sure on the manufacturer anyone got any ideas??

just what i was thinking: at school these kids keep disabbeling the drives like this by taking out a rubber band, i think??? so my guess is that but i dont know how to replace the rubber band

any help would be awesome :bounce:

Are you getting the little light indicating there is power? Check connections if not.
As for the little band , you would probableiy be wise to try your local electronics repair shop. Even the Stero guys would know how to deal with that.
Worst case scenario is the chance that it is just broke . If so don't bother with repair ,those drives are very cheap now.

get a new one

wiscountryboy said:
even when i start to push it into the drive it feels like dead weight

I would check the connections. Do you hear anything happen when you hit the button? How new of a drive is it? Replacing the band wont do squat if the motors is dead. Ussualy you have some warning before they go (like a weird noise) but maybe not. If one of the internals are dead, CD-RWs are cheap so if would be easier to get a new one.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back